Updated: May 23
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR LINKEDIN PROFILE IN LESS THAN 10 MINUTES
1) USE YOUR HEADLINE TO TALK MORE ABOUT WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU CAN DO
Your headline does not need necessarily need to be your job title. Use your headline to tell people what you do so they can easily identify what you can help them with.
2) ADD YOUR RELEVANT SKILLS AND SERVICES
Another easy way for people to identify what you do is the skills section or the services section for service providers. Make sure to have it updated and avoid general skills like “Microsoft Office”.
3) MAKE SURE YOUR CONTACT INFO IS UPDATED
Update your contact info with your business address and make sure to have an email address you check regularly.
4) CHANGE YOUR PROFILE TO FOLLOW BY DEFAULT
Connections are limited to 30’000 and LinkedIn strongly encourages to only send connection requests to people that you know personally. However, there are no such limits or conditions for people to follow you.
5) START POSTING SOMETHING FREQUENTLY
Make small easy posts so you develop a relationship with your audience. The worst you can do is to post only when you want something.